PNB MetLife Insurance Company India Ltd, (the "Company") is committed to protecting Personal Information that the Company collects from its customers (both current and former,) and/or applicants (herein after collectively referred to as the "Customers" or "customers") for its various products and services, either at the time of applying for such products and services or through various surveys which a customer agrees to participate in or in the course of providing other feedback to the Company regarding its products or services, or when customers registers to receive news or public policy updates or when a customer uses the Company’s website.
- Collection of Personal Information.
- Use of Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Protection of Personal Information.
- Review and updation of Personal Information.
- Changes to the Policy.
- Definitions used in this Policy.
- Collection of Personal Information
The Company and/or its authorized third parties (including its affiliates and associate companies), in the course of offeriing its various products and services, may collect different types of Personal Information. This Personal Information collected, handled, and dealt with by the Company and/or its authorized third parties (including its affiliates and associate companies), allows the Company to provide the insurance products and services as desired for by the customer or to communicate with the customer or to comply with current legal and regulatory requirements. This information may include the customer’s address, age, finances, employment, health, and hobbies.
- Use of customers Personal Information.
The Personal Information that the Company collects from its customer is held in accordance with laws and regulations as they apply in India. The Personal Information may be used by the Company for a number of lawful purposes connected with Company’s business operations and functions, which include but not limited to:
- Communicating with the Customer;
- Processing customer requests and providing them with products and/or services as requested for and thereafter administering the same;
- Verification of customer identity as per prevalent laws and regulation;
- To process claims and other transactions;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- Other general administrative and business purposes;
- Carrying out market and product analysis and to marketing Company’s companies’ products and services and communicate updates, offers, and promotions;
- Customer analytics on usage pattern and deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to the customer;
- Provide the customer with the best customer experience possible;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement , for the purpose of compliance of a legal obligation, in connection with legal proceedings, in connection with prevention, detection , investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, to protect and defend Company’s rights or property or act in an emergency to protect someone's safety or to help investigations, monitor or prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person;
- Carrying out activities connected with the running of business of the Company, such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems
- Disclosure of Personal Information:
The Company may disclose and/or transfer Personal Information at times to its affiliates or associate companies or to Third Parties in case it is necessary for providing services to the customer and/or if the customer has consented for the same. The Company may disclose and/or transfer customer information to:
The Company may share Personal Information, without obtaining the customer’s prior written consent, with government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, or where disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
- Other companies (including its affiliates and associate companies) that provide services directly or indirectly to the customer on behalf of the Company or to companies that provide services to the Company in relation to its business.
- Anyone the Company transfers its business to, either in part or as a whole;
- To any other entity or organization in order for them to understand Company’s environment and consequently, provide better services to the customer.
Any Personal Information may be required to be disclosed to any Third Party by the Company by an order under the law for the time being in force.
- Protection of Customer Personal Information:
The Company shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information and/or Sensitive personal data or information pertaining to the customer is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- The Company maintains information pertaining to the customer in its business records as per current regulatory requirements.
- The Company has comprehensive documented information security policy and procedures in line with international standard IS/ISO/IES 27001 or equivalent to ensure that the information provided by the customer is reasonably secure.
- The Company shall retain Personal Information for as long as required to provide services or otherwise required under the law.
In case of any privacy related concerns, feedback or grievance, the customer can contact:Vijaya Nene
Chief Privacy Officer
PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd.
101, 1st Floor, Techniplex – 1,
Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover,
Goregaon West, Mumbai – 400 062, India
Email us at
- Updation of Personal Information.
The Company strives to keep it’s records updated with customers latest information. To this end, if any discrepancy are found in a customer’s Personal Information, either in part or as a whole, the customer is requested to visit the Company’s office or contact its customer service at 1800 425 6969(toll free) / +91 80 2650 2244 (User paid) or write to the Company at
In case a customer wishes withdraw his/her consent for usage of the personal information so collected by the Company, the customer can write to the Company at . However, in such an event the Company reserves the right to discontinue/cancel the insurance policy /services for which, the Personal Information was sought.
The Company reserves the right to update this Policy as necessary from time to time. Please check Company’s websites periodically for changes to this Policy.
- Definitions used in this policy
"Personal Information" means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with the Company, is capable of identifying such person and also includes Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
"Sensitive Personal Data or information" of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to:-
- Financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- Any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise: provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data Or Information for the purposes of this Policy.
Third Party: For the purposes of this document, a ‘Third Party’ is a service provider who associates with The Company and is involved in handling, managing, storing, processing, protecting and transmitting information of the Company and also includes all sub-contractors, consultants and/or representatives of the Third party.